Sunday, May 29, 2022

New Cover for Sacrifice of Souls

 UPDATE 2024: The books are now numbered in chronological order with Five the Power Rising as #1 and will end with the final book, Ties that Bind. 


Sacrifice of Souls is no longer Book Four, but #9.

High Priestess Saro
I bought this on selfpubbookcovers.com
I had the artist modify it for an additional $50



I've wanted to replace several of my old covers, but didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars, so I've been using selfpubbookcovers to do so.

Sometimes, you have to compromise on exactly what you want. I suggest you pick at least two covers when you find one you like.  I had one other cover possibility, but it quickly fell apart when the changes I wanted would not have been able to be covered by the $50 surcharge.  This actually worked out better.

The character was described by Talon (the main male character) as looking like something that "hell spat out" and while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to him, this woman wore WAY too much makeup and he thought she looked evil.  After all, she was noted for having children thrown into fire.  

There is A LOT more to this story and this book had some startling revelations (even to me, the author). However, I don't want to give the plot away. I'll just add the blurb.

BLURB 

Brenna is on the other side of time to be trained.
To her horror, it is a place she cannot reach or see Talon.
Others are there, including her mysterious teacher - a woman known only as the Forest Wife. The strange woman is beautiful, hard as Tasut, and as intelligent as Brenna's mother.
That combination doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

Talon is in Sogo - courtesy of his father's great fist.
He is to be sold at auction. He can't protect Brenna while he's in Sogo.
His plan at the moment is to survive.
Where he's going, the odds are stacked against him, 300-1. 

No comments: