Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Let's Discuss: Joz Trebu

Joz at the beginning of the series


UPDATE 2024: I felt Joz was short changed in the previous books. I honestly considered killing him off more than once because it seemed like it might be better to use the character as collateral damage/motivation for his friends. Yet, I just couldn't do it and now I know why. 

Joz will have a MUCH larger part in the upcoming book: ARISTA, which I am working on now. First draft is done (March 2024). It takes place right after Sons of Thunder.

Name of the real person/actor: Rodrigo G Diaz

The character in my book that looks like him:  Joz Trebu

Country Joz is from:  Teris, whose capital is Ogdones.

Whenever I find a new picture that fits the character I pictured in my mind, I add it.  In this case, now you can see how I pictured Joz Trebu - one of Talon's 'Elite' men.

Joz was the 'pretty' boy and often teased about his extra-good looks.

However, he had a VERY short fuse and swung his fists first, often getting the fight going.


Joz in the islands (he would be more blonde)











At one point in the series, Joz and his friends, Dom and Zeal go to the Ammonite Islands.  He was very popular there. The Queen ordered a statue made of him. It was kissed so often, the lips were wearing off.





The Barracks in Sogo require seven years.  In the end, only one will survive.  Joz is there - way out of his element, but at least he has his friends...or does he?
Once he is in the Barracks



Captured, now in the Barracks, head freshly shaved
Note: no one had a beard in the barracks. Everyone was 
shaved from head to chin.
 



Joz by the end of Book #9 - his hair has grown in,
he has the beginnings of a beard/moustache.
Here, he is at the wedding of his friend, Talon.


STAY TUNED FOR MORE ABOUT JOZ, HE ISN'T
FINISHED YET!!!





























No comments: