Wednesday, July 16, 2014

More to COS?


Fans asked (less than 24 hours after I released the final prequel to COS) if there will be more. Short answer: Yes, but there are complications. The biggest obstacle are the "life happens" kind of events.

For fans of the COS series, I plan to write the sequels in this sequence (Naturally, things could change):

1)  Sundara - Queen of the Ammonites Released 2020
This is Wyn and Japh's story with all your favorite characters (who survived) from COS 1-9 AND the prequels.  Writing this book was a no-brainer.  I wanted to tie up the burning question:  What happened to the flaming blister known as Vael?  If you didn't know he was still alive, please re-read the series.

2) Return to Shara Released 2020
The title is self-explanatory - the Ancients (minus Vael) will return to Shara to confront their past and take care of unfinished business.  

3) With Wings and Talon Released 2021
This had to be written to fully explain harpies and how Revaya and Pax rule among the full-blooded Reds.

4) Sons of Thunder Released 2021
Continuing where Sundara left off and, at long last, you will read about MAL!  What happens to his group? Do they find Dom? He's not the only character in the book, so it also answers what happened to Ketu when she just flew south as a fireball.  The third group I plan to write about is playing catch up with the favorite characters  

5) Arista
There will be some major world-building in this one.  You'll have to read it to understand why I'm saying that.  For that reason, there must be two parts. 

6) End of Reason: THIS book is part one of the big wrap-up scene. Two major characters are slated to die (but could be more) before the very end.

UPDATE 2024: First draft of Arista is written. EOR is half way written (first draft) with more recordings to listen to, label and write from.

6)  Ties that Bind: Final wrap-up of loose ends and final goodbye to the characters I love.
UPDATE: know what the scene is that 'ends' things.

Someone suggested I write a prequel about Utahna - sigh...I don't know if this should be done or not. I don't think so. I think 21 books in a series is enough.

Yes, I have some of them planned and bits written down, but try to be patient.  You never know what bits and pieces of other books may pop up and out, so, as I mentioned above, Stay Tuned.

***

UPDATE:  the HOC series is completed (at 6 books) and available on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, etc.

I am currently working on an urban fantasy with my oldest daughter called House of Cards.  It has been a real learning experience.  My family has always been involved in my books (since I eat/drink/sleep the worlds I create) but this has been the most fun I can have without being twins...and the hardest thing I've had to do.

There are four books planned, but the amount of information two of us can output is staggering, so it is likely to expand the way COS did.  This means I will take at least a year off from writing COS.









No comments: