Friday, May 30, 2014

Let's Discuss: Mal Kayman



Mal Kayman


Sadly, I do not know who the man in this photo is.  All I  know is that when I saw him, I knew I had found Mal.

In the Chest of Souls Epic Fantasy, Mal Kayman is  part-Valenese by birth.

From the time he was orphaned outside the Lost City, he has been trained to be a leader of men.  He gained personal training under General Monus and General Han, both legendary Generals of their day.

He has a personal vendetta against the monster that ate (yes, I said ate) his parents.  He has a hatred of slavery and slavers and would go out of his way to kill one.  He detests it to the point he plans on ridding the world of slavery - if he survives the blood-sport known as Cubes.

He has an accidental marriage to Anicette Boushear and STILL isn't sure what to do with it. Sometimes, this character has driven me bonkers with his flip-flops!

This character morphed from the early stages of writing into someone much more intense that what I thought he would be. 

For those of you that were SO disappointed he didn't marry Anicette, he will be in the sequels.







No comments: