Friday, July 23, 2010

How much Authors don't make

After doing some research, I decided that I'm tired of waiting for traditional publishers. To add insult to injury, I just found out from one of my published friends she only makes about $1.00 a book.πŸ˜’

Nix that idea!!!

The information shocked me. I love to write, but I want to be paid for my efforts! πŸ‘ŒI put a lot of hours into my work (I'm talking decades of hours)πŸ‘ Therefore, I am choosing to go where Michelle has not gone before! 😎Unexplored territory: EBOOK. πŸ‘€ It is the wave of the future PLUS I'll get up to 70% of the cover price. I think that's fair.✔

Never fear! For those who want a printed version,😍 I will also have a POD for those of you who want the book to take to bed or the tub...you know, those story-addicts that want MORE time with the book but won't want to cuddle with a Kindle.😜

I have an appointment with someone at BYU-Idaho to discuss the cover. 
(UPDATE:  this did not work out).

Now for the unexpected news: I will be getting 5 Blanks out to you first. If things go according to schedule, I'll be getting COS #1 out in August!

UPDATE: this did work out. 
Eight  months later,  I was contacted by a small publishing company that wanted to know if someone else had scooped up my  manuscript.  She was sure they had. She was wrong.  I told her that I had self-published. She said she'd like to look at my future work.  It was nice to finally be noticed by the publishing world, but I really didn't want to wait.  At the time, I thought that would be rather nice. Now I'm rather glad I didn't.  

Why?  Because publishing houses control your work, you don't. I get to choose my cover, what's inside, and what isn't. Many want steamy scenes and that isn't my thing.   

No comments: